Hello, blog world! It's been a while! Does anyone read blogs anymore? I spend most of my social media time on Instagram but I figured I'd stop in, say Hello and write out a quick 2016 wrap-up, including some of my favorite art pieces of the year.
Experimenting in Art
I kept up my daily painting for my 2nd year in a row. The newest experiment this past year was painting on leaves. Here are some of my favorites from Instagram...
Books I Read
- The Wife by Meg Wolitzer
- The Muralist by BA Shapiro
- It Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchel
- Hemingway in Love by AE Hotchner
- The Grown Up by Gillian Flynn
- How to Write a Novel by Melanie Sumner
- The Dinner by Herman Koch
- The One in a Million Boy by Monica Wood
- Mermaids in Paradise by Lydia Millet
- Unbecoming by Rebecca Scherm
- You'll Grow Out of It by Jessi Klein
- The Light Between Oceans by ML Stedman
We took our nearly annual trip to see friends and family in the Chicago area and then up to Wisconsin. The hubby and I also went to Seattle which was a first for the both of us. We went to the Seattle Art Museum, ate at Serious Pie and The Crab Pot, drank lots of Starbucks, Pike's Market, Ubered for the first time, rode up to the top of the Space Needle (in the clouds), rode a ferry to Bainbridge Island, took The Underground Tour, strolled around the glass sculptures at the Chihuly and walked by the gross gum wall on Post Alley.
Goals for 2017
Finish a big commission. Open an online shop. Daily Painting. Make a 2016 family yearbook/photo book. Drink more water. Eat salad. ;)
Do you have any goals or resolutions for 2017? I'd love to hear what they are.