Other points of great advice were:
- Don't think about the money. Do something you love and are passionate about.
- But still have a goal. How much money do you want or need to bring in?
- Figure out your strengths and develop them. What can you do that no one else can?
- Have an online presence.
- The "about" on your website or blog is important!
- Be the expert and inspire people. Offer valuable content on your blog.
- And, get into the mindset that "I'm starting an etsy shop (for me)."
I had some questions for Vana about Etsy, since that is where she started and still has a shop there today. I asked her how many listings to start with? Fill the page, about 20. And if there were any resources out there to help with Etsy? She recommended the Etsy Blog and Etsy Seller's Handbook.
It was amazing to have the opportunity to speak to an experienced and knowledgeable blogger, business owner, etsy seller, working mom and all around lovely person! :) I soaked up every bit I could from our conversation.
Now, everyone out there, including me, whether it's a business idea, clearing out clutter, exercising, etc., let's follow Vana's advice and . . . JUST START!